amish cinnamon brown sugar cookies
soft cinnamon brown sugar cookies with sprinkle topping
baked in June 2017
yield: 36 cookies
prep time: 30 minutes
cook time: 8 minutes
difficulty level: easy
image from Cookies & Cups
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 and 1/2 cups flour
- Sprinkles to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix together butter, oil, and both sugars on medium speed until smooth.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Add in the cinnamon, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt and mix on medium until combined.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in flour until combined.
- Using a medium cookie scoop (2 Tablespoons) drop the dough onto the lined baking sheet. Add sprinkles now if desired.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until edges just start to golden.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 3 minutes on baking sheet and transfer to wire rack to finish cooling.
- Total calories: 6,187
- Calories per cookie: 172