banana bread cookies
banana bread cookies with chocolate chips and brown sugar frosting
baked in May 2015
yield: 48 cookies
prep time: 15minutes
cook time: 12 minutes
difficulty level: medium
- 3 large, ripe bananas
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 6 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar
For the cookies:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, then add your eggs, vanilla and bananas.
- On low speed, mix in the flour, baking soda, and salt, until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto your lined cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart. Batter will be very wet - don't worry if you aren't able to form the dough into balls.
- Bake for 12 minutes, until the edges begin to turn a light golden brown.
For the frosting:
- Scald the milk in a pot.
- Add the butter, brown sugar and vanilla
- Bring to a boil on a medium low heat.
- Stir fast and heat slow as you add in the powdered sugar to avoid chunks.
- Spread frosting over cookies with a wooden spoon.
- Total calories: 6,785
- Calories per cookie: 141