cookie butter chocolate chip cookies
chewy cookie butter cookies with chocolate chips
baked in February 2020
yield: 24 cookies
prep time: 45 minutes
cook time: 10 minutes
difficulty level: easy
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Biscoff spread (or Trader Joe’s Speculoos Cookie Butter)
- 2 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/4 cups milk chocolate chips
- In a large bowl using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter for 1 minute on medium speed until completely smooth and creamy.
- Add the granulated sugar and brown sugar and beat on medium high speed until fluffy and light in color.
- Beat in egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract on high speed. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
- On high speed, beat in the Biscoff spread until completely combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, cornstarch, cinnamon, and salt together until combined.
- On low speed, slowly mix into the wet ingredients until combined.
- Switch to high speed and beat in the chocolate chips. The cookie dough will be a little sticky.
- Cover dough tightly with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and chill for at least 3 hours and up to 3 days. Chilling is mandatory for this cookie dough.
- Remove cookie dough from the refrigerator and allow to sit at room temperature for 20 minutes. If the cookie dough chilled longer than 3 hours, let it sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes. This makes the cookie dough easier to scoop and roll.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Scoop and roll balls of dough, about 1 and 1/2 Tablespoons of dough each, into balls and place on the baking sheets.
- Bake the cookies for 9-10 minutes. Be sure to rotate the pan once or twice during bake time. The baked cookies will look extremely soft in the centers when you remove them from the oven; they will continue to “set” as they cool.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet. Transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
- Total calories: 4,877
- Calories per cookie: 203