no bake chocolate peanut butter cookies
classic no bake oatmeal, chocolate, and peanut butter cookies
baked in March 2017
yield: 24 cookies
prep time: 5 minutes
cook time: 10 minutes
difficulty level: easy
image from Brown Eyed Baker
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup whole or 2% milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- Add the first five ingredients (through the salt) to a 4-quart saucepan.
- Bring to a rapid boil and let boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in the peanut butter and vanilla extract until smooth, then stir in the oats.
- Using a medium cookie scoop (or 2 Tablespoonfuls), drop onto parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Let cool until set, about 30 minutes. Cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature (or in the refrigerator) for up to 2 weeks.
- Total calories: 4,144
- Calories per cookie: 173