nutella chocolate chip cookies
soft nutella cookies filled with chocolate chips
baked in June 2015
yield: 20 cookies
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 10 minutes
difficulty level: easy
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- heaping 1/3 cup Nutella, stir before scooping
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt together in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Beat together butter, nutella, sugars, egg, and vanilla on medium-high speed in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment until well combined, about 4 minutes. Scrape down the bowl with a spatula once during this time.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low and slowly add the flour mixture until well combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl several times.
- Stir in the bittersweet chocolate chips until well distributed.
- Roll the dough into balls 1 inch in diameter and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet, plate or tray. Cover well with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place dough 1 inch apart on a parchment line baking sheet. Bake 9-11 minutes or until the edges are set and the tops have just started to brown.
- Let cool 5 minutes on the cookie sheet before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Total calories: 3,959
- Calories per cookie: 198