pumpkin white chocolate snickerdoodles
soft pumpkin snickerdoodles with white chocolate chips
baked in October 2016
yield: 18 cookies
prep time: 45 minutes
cook time: 10 minutes
difficulty level: easy
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 Tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips or chunks
- Melt the butter in the microwave.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the melted butter, brown sugar, and 1/2 cup granulated sugar together until no brown sugar lumps remain.
- Whisk in the vanilla and pumpkin until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, 1 and 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together with a large spoon or rubber spatula. The dough will be very soft.
- Fold in white chocolate chips. They may not stick to the dough because of the melted butter, but do your best to have them evenly dispersed in the dough.
- Cover the dough and chill for 30 minutes, or up to 3 days. Chilling is mandatory.
- Take the dough out of the refrigerator. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Mix together the remaining 1/2 cup of granulated sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Roll the dough into balls, about 1.5 Tablespoons of dough each. Roll each of the dough balls generously in the cinnamon-sugar mixture and arrange on 2 baking sheets. Slightly flatten the dough balls because the cookies will only slightly spread in the oven.
- Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes. The cookies will look very soft and underbaked. Keeping them in the oven for longer may dry them out. Remove from the oven and press a few more white chocolate chips onto the tops, if desired. If you find that your cookies didn't spread much at all, flatten them out when you take them out of the oven.
- Allow the cookies to cool for at least 10 minutes on the cookie sheets before transferring to a wire rack. The longer the cookies cool, the chewier they will be.
- Total calories: 3,070
- Calories per cookie: 171