soft-baked monster cookies
thick and soft peanut butter oatmeal cookies with chocolate chips and m&m's
baked in January 2019
yield: 32 cookies
prep time: 30 minutes
cook time: 10 minutes
difficulty level: easy
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 and 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 3/4 cup m&m's (any size or variety)
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl, using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer with paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars together on medium speed, about 3 minutes.
- Mix in the peanut butter, egg, and vanilla (in that order). Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Slowly mix in the baking soda and flour. Do not overmix.
- Fold in the quick oats, m&m's, and chocolate chips.
- Rolls balls of dough, about 2 Tablespoons of dough per ball, onto prepared baking sheet. Press a few extra M&Ms on top for looks, if preferred.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes - the cookies will still look a little soft, which is recommended.
- Slightly press down the baked cookies with the back of a spoon, since the cookies only slightly spread in the oven.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack. Cookies will firm up as they cool.
- Total calories: 4,533
- Calories per cookie: 142