super soft frosted sugar cookies
soft sugar cookies with vanilla buttercream and sprinkles
baked in January 2017
yield: 36 cookies
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 11 minutes
difficulty level: easy
- 3/4 cup (1 and 1/2 sticks) butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 and 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 and 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup sprinkles
For the cookies:
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and granulated sugar.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla until combined.
- Then add salt, baking powder and flour. Mix until the batter is lump free.
- Cover and chill for at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Roll cookies into balls and flatten a little. Try and make the cookies all the same size. (You could use a medium size cookie scoop also.)
- Bake for 10-11 minutes (check at 8 minutes and watch them). You want them a little golden brown on the bottom. Remove from cookie sheet about 1 minute after cooking them.
For the frosting:
- In a medium bowl, beat together the powdered sugar and butter until creamy.
- Add vanilla and 1 Tablespoon milk at a time until your frosting reaches desired consistency.
- Frost cookies and top with sprinkles. Let your frosting set. Once it is set, store in an air tight container.
- Total calories: 4,741
- Calories per cookie: 132