white chocolate chai snickerdoodles
chai spice snickerdoodles with white chocolate chips
baked in November 2017 & November 2019
yield: 30 cookies
prep time: 20 minutes
cook time: 12 minutes
difficulty level: easy
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt together until combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using a hand-held or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together on high speed until completely smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract on high speed. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
- On low speed, slowly mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined.
- Beat in the white chocolate chips. The cookie dough will be thick.
- Cover dough tightly with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour and up to 3 days.
- Remove cookie dough from the refrigerator. If the cookie dough chilled longer than 3-4 hours, let it sit at room temperature for about 20 minutes. This makes the cookie dough easier to scoop and roll.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Combine the topping ingredients. Set aside.
- Roll cookie dough into balls, about 1 and 1/2 Tablespoons of dough per cookie.
- Roll each in the topping mixture and arrange 3 inches apart on the baking sheets.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes or until lightly browned on the sides. The centers will look very soft.
- Remove from the oven and allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. While the cookies are still warm, press a few more white chocolate chips into the tops.
- Total calories: 6,390
- Calories per cookie: 213