classic brownies with chocolate frosting
baked in July 2016
yield: 24 brownies
prep time: 20 minutes
cook time: 25 minutes
difficulty level: easy
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups powdered sugar
For the brownies:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x13-inch baking dish with foil and spray foil with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric stand-mixer, add the melted butter and cocoa powder. Using the paddle attachment, blend until smooth.
- Add the flour and sugar. Beat together then add eggs and vanilla. Mix just until combined. Don't over mix. (Batter will be thick)
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish and spread out evenly. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove brownies from oven and let stand 15 minutes before frosting. You want the brownies still warm when you frost them!
For the frosting:
- Beat together all the frosting ingredients until smooth.
- Pour and spread over warm brownies. Let cool completely before cutting and serving.
- Total calories: 6,377
- Calories per : 266