chocolate chip cookie cups
chocolate chip cookie cups with a reese's or rolo center
baked in May 2016
yield: 48 cookie cups
prep time: 25 minutes
cook time: 9 minutes
difficulty level: easy
- 4 cups (2 sticks) butter, melted
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 24 Rolo candies, unwrapped
- 24 Reese's mini candies, unwrapped
- Pour butter into an electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment. While still hot, add both sugars and mix on low until combined. Let sit to cool for a few minutes.
- While butter mixture is cooling, combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Stir and set aside.
- Turn mixer (with butter mixture bowl attached) on low. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing completely.
- Mix in vanilla extract.
- Add flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spray mini muffin pans with nonstick cookie spray. Scoop 1-1 and 1/2 tablespoons of dough into each cavity. Chill the pans for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake cookie cups for about 9-11 minutes (the outside will start to turn a golden color when done).
- When the cookie cups come out of the oven, press one Rolo/Reese's into the center of each. Let cool completely in pans before removing (let the Rolo/Reese's re-harden or it will collapse). Cookies should pop out easily with the aid of a knife.
- Total calories: 8,050
- Calories per cookie cup: 168