golden oreo truffles
rich golden oreo truffles coated in white chocolate and topped with sprinkles
baked in March 2018
yield: 30 truffles
prep time: 30 minutes
difficulty level: easy
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 package golden oreos
- 12 ounces high quality white chocolate
- sprinkles for decor
- Process the oreos (the entire cookies, filling and cookie) in a food processor or blender. Pulse until crumbs are formed.
- Using a hand-held or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the oreo crumbs with the cream cheese until combined. The mixture will be thick and sticky.
- Using your hands, roll into 30-35 balls. Place balls on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Freeze the truffles for about 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate according to package directions.
- Working with 1 truffle at a time, coat in chocolate. Here's how I coat truffles: drop the truffle in the middle of the melted chocolate. Swirl the chocolate all around it with a fork. Pick up the truffle with a fork. Tap the fork on the edge of the bowl to allow the excess chocolate to drip off. Place on a lined baking sheet.
- Top with sprinkles while the chocolate is still wet.
- Refrigerate truffles for at least 10 minutes so the chocolate sets.
- Total calories: 4,451
- Calories per truffle: 149