gooey marshmallow m&m bars
m&m cookie bars topped with gooey roasted marshmallows
baked in July 2016
yield: 24 bars
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 25 minutes
difficulty level: easy
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup miniature m&m's
- 24 marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter and sugars until creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Mix in the vanilla.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually add to the wet ingredients and beat until just combined.
- Gently mix in the m&m's with a rubber spatula until evenly distributed.
- Press just less than 3/4 of the cookie dough evenly into the bottom of the prepared baking pan.
- Layer the 24 marshmallows into the pan, spacing evenly into a 4x6 grid.
- Use a medium cookie scoop or ice cream scoop to spoon dough balls in between each marshmallow in the 6-count rows, creating 20 dough balls (5 in each row).
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until the marshmallows and cookie dough are dark golden brown. Let cool before slicing into 24 squares.
- Total calories: 6,013
- Calories per bar: 251