oreo truffles coated in milk and white chocolate
baked in December 2015
yield: 36 truffles
prep time: 30 minutes
difficulty level: easy
- 43 oreo cookies
- 8 ounces (1 package) cream cheese, very soft
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- Mini m&m's and sprinkles for topping
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a non-stick baking mat. Set aside.
- Place the oreo cookies in the body of a food processor; pulse until the cookies are finely ground and no large chunks of cookie remain.
- Add in the cream cheese, vanilla, and salt; pulse until the mixture is completely smooth.
- Scoop the mixture into 1" balls. Place the cookie balls on the prepared pan and transfer the sheet to the freezer. Freeze for at least 1 hour and up to 24 hours (covered).
- Once the truffles have been sufficiently chilled, combine the chocolate chips and oil in a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on low-heat, in 30 second increments, stirring in between each, until chocolate is completely melted and can be whisked smooth.
- Quickly dunk each truffle into the melted chocolate and use a fork to move it around so it's evenly coated.
- Use a fork to remove, allowing any excess chocolate to drip back in the bowl.
- Place back on the prepared baking sheet and immediately sprinkle with m&m's or sprinkles. Repeat with all of the remaining truffles.
- The white chocolate chips can be melted to coat some of the truffles or to drizzle on the truffles once the chocolate is set.
- Refrigerate until set before serving, about 20 minutes should do it.
- Total calories: 5,604
- Calories per truffle: 156