pumpkin spice truffles
creamy pumpkin spice truffles coated in white chocolate
baked in November 2018
yield: 25 truffles
prep time: 1 hour
difficulty level: medium
- 2 ounces full-fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 and 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 12 full sheet graham crackers)
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 ounces white chocolate, coarsely chopped and melted
- 10 ounces semi-sweet or white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- optional garnish: extra graham cracker crumbs or cinnamon/sugar
- With a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese and sugar together in a large bowl until creamy - about 2 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin and beat on high until combined.
- Add the graham cracker crumbs, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and melted chocolate. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes until everything is combined. The mixture is supposed to be soft and thick.
- Cover mixture tightly and refrigerate for 1 hour or up to 24 hours. Chilling is mandatory.
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Begin rolling chilled mixture into balls (about 1 teaspoon per ball) and place the balls on the baking sheets. You should have around 25 total.
- Chill balls in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- During the last few minutes of the chilling time, begin melting the chocolate. You can melt the chocolate in a double boiler or the microwave. If using the microwave: place the chocolate in a medium heat-proof bowl.
- Melt in 30 second increments in the microwave, stirring after each increment until completely melted and smooth.
- Let the warm chocolate sit for 5 minutes to slightly cool before dipping.
- Remove balls from the refrigerator and dip them in the chocolate using a dipping tool or fork. When lifting the truffle out of the chocolate, remember to tap the dipping tool gently on the side of the bowl to allow excess chocolate to drip off.
- Top truffles with a sprinkle of graham cracker crumbs, if desired.
- Place balls back onto the baking sheet after you dip each one. Allow chocolate to completely set in the refrigerator before serving.
- Total calories: 3,169
- Calories per truffle: 127