salted pretzel toffee crack
salty and sweet bark with crackers, chocolate, toffee, and crushed pretzels
baked in September 2016
yield: 20 servings
prep time: 20 minutes
cook time: 7 minutes
difficulty level: medium
image from The Cottage Market
- 1 and 1/2 sleeves Club Buttery Flaky Crackers by Keebler or your favorite butter square or rectangular cracker
- 1 and 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) + 2 Tablespoons butter
- 7 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 7 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- Crushed thin pretzels
- Sea salt
- Line 10x15-inch jelly roll pan with parchment paper.
- Lay crackers side by side, covering the entire bottom of the pan.
- On a medium heat, bring butter and sugar to a boil.
- Once boiling, lower flame and continue stirring until it is fully combined and thickened (about 3 minutes).
- Pour toffee over crackers and then spread with a spatula so the entire layer of crackers is covered.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 5-7 minutes. Watch carefully so it doesn’t burn. When you see the caramel bubbling, remove from the oven.
- Immediately sprinkle chips over toffee/crackers and return to oven for 1-2 minutes to melt.
- Take the tray out of the oven and spread the chocolate with a rubber spatula until evenly coated.
- Sprinkle crushed pretzels and a light sprinkle of sea salt over the hot chocolate and then cool to set and harden. You can speed things up by placing the tin in the fridge for an hour.
- Crack the bark into pieces. The recipe makes approximately 20 servings.
- Total calories: 6,605
- Calories per serving: 330