gooey three layer bars with chocolate chip cookie dough, golden oreos, brownie batter, and toasted marshmallow topping
baked in May 2017
yield: 16 brownies
prep time: 30 minutes
cook time: 30 minutes
difficulty level: easy
image from Sugar Dish Me
- 3/4 cup (1 and 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt + more to sprinkle over each cookie before baking
- 1 and 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 and 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 16 golden oreos
- 8 jumbo marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a 9x9-inch square baking pan with foil or parchment paper. Generously butter the paper.
- Prepare the cookie dough:
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and egg and beat until just combined.
- Add the flour, cornstarch, and sea salt all at once and mix until the dough comes together.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Prepare the brownie batter:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and whisk in the sugar and water until the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the chocolate chips until melted.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Gradually mix in the flour mixture.
- Press the cookie dough into the pan. Cover it with a single layer of golden oreos. Pour the brownie batter on top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Slice the marshmallows in half and place them cut-side down across the top of the brownies.
- Put the oven on broil (high) and broil just until the tops are a pretty golden brown. You may need to turn the pan once to brown the whole pan evenly.
- Remove the pan from oven and cool completely. Lift the foil or parchment from the pan, peel away from the edges, and slice with a good sharp knife.
- Total calories: 9,340
- Calories per brownie: 584