white chocolate snickerdoodle blondies
two layers of white chocolate snickerdoodle blondies with a cinnamon sugar filling
baked in November 2018
yield: 24 blondies
prep time: 30 minutes
cook time: 22 minutes
difficulty level: medium
- 2 and 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 and 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 and 1/2 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees. Line a 9x13 inch baking pan with aluminum foil, leaving enough overhang on the sides to easily pull the blondies out of the pan and cut.
- In small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Using a hand or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter on high speed in a large bowl. Beat for at least 1 minute until creamy.
- Add sugars and beat for 2 full minutes on high speed until light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides and bottom of bowl as needed.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla on high speed, scraping down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
- On low speed, beat in dry ingredients until just combined.
- With a large wooden spoon or rubber spatula, fold in the white chocolate chips.
- Spoon half the batter into pan. It will be a relatively thin layer, but try to spread it across the pan evenly.
- Combine the cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle on top of them bottom layer, reserving 1 Tablespoon for the top.
- Spread the remaining batter over top. Some of the cinnamon-sugar will mix into the top layer as you spread it, which is fine.
- Sprinkle the top with remaining cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake 22-26 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely for about 1 hour.
- Total calories: 4,864
- Calories per blondie: 203